Bringing Learning and Technology Together – Job Profiling and Job Evaluation Workshop
Job Evaluation 2 Day Workshop
Our Paterson Job Evaluation Training is a practical 2 day workshop. Delegates are able to successfully and consistently grade roles within a company, whether the evaluation is due to a new role being created, an existing role being amended, or an appeal on a current grade being lodged.
Job evaluation is the systematic process of determining the worth of one job in relation to that of the other jobs in an organisation. Job Evaluation is useful in that it:
• Indicates the relative ‘size’ or ‘weight’ of a job;
• Does not look at the volume of work assigned to a person but rather the demands, complexity, responsibility and competencies required;
• Provides a basis for designing an equitable pay structure (internal & external equity);
• Provides a basis for various related Human Resources processes;
• Evaluates the position and NOT the person in the position i.e. does not look at personal attributes, merits/ performance; and
• Provides a defensible framework for pay differentiation (Equal Pay for Work of Equal Value Legislation);
• Ranks jobs in terms of complexity;
• Observes grading rules, therefore eliminates potential subjectivity.