Employee Engagement is defined at the extent to which employee commitment, both emotional and intellectual, exists relative to accomplishing the work, mission, and vision of the organisation. Engagement can be seen as a heightened level of ownership where each employee wants to do whatever they can for the benefit of their internal and external customers, and for the success of the organisation as a whole.
Engaged employees care about the future of the organisation and are willing to invest additional effort in delivering on the mandate assigned to them, that they would “go the extra mile”. Numerous research studies indicate that engaged employees feel a strong emotional bond to the organisation that employs them, which results in higher retention levels and productivity levels and lower absenteeism.
Some of the key drivers with regards to Employee Engagement follow:
- Employee’s perceptions of their own job importance
- Employee’s clarity of what is required of them
- Career advancement
- Regular feedback and dialogue with supervisors, line managers and/or executives
- Quality of working relationships with colleagues
- Employee’s perceptions of the values of the organisation
- Effective internal employee communications
- Reward staff to engage them effectively
Emergence Growth is able to assist your organisation by offering the following:
- Run an employee perception survey to ascertain the reasons as to why staff join, stay at and leave your organisation
- Develop/review your Employee Engagement Strategy to ensure effectiveness
- Assist in developing an appropriate reward structure
- Develop/review your Employee Engagement plan to ensure effective implementation